Thursday, April 01, 2010

The potter's wheel

The potter’s wheel

It is blazing hot,
the potter’s wheel
comes to a halt,
it is my ancestral profession,
I cannot abrogate,
in the break I shape the wet
lumps of clay into many forms,
I shape many a religious idols,
a Lord Shiva, Ganesha, Vishnu,
God in dancing postures,
The busy road , projects a
walker, jay walker, talker,
usurer, a commuter without :
paying a penalty of rupees
fifty for fifty paisa default ticket,
a public kiss, hug, a derelict husband,
argumentative criminal, understandingly
good inspector, who believes in reasoning,
prolonged atheism,ungodly deeds?
A Dire reflection of the age;

I set the potter’s wheel again,
Oh! God, why are you dumb?
What is the meaning of your reticence?
Why this abysmal cataclysm?
A universal voice of clairvoyance
as if from my clay gods:
we need a base for
these entities for next JANMA
or creation.
Their birth or JANMA is their KARMA.






No comments: