Friday, April 23, 2010

(27) A summer evening.

( 27) A summer evening.
A summer evening, a carefree walk to the park,
a cute cuisine like lounge by the lark
of a crowded metropolitan town ,
above my head, a bunch of colourful kites,
launched by a group of urchins playful and merry,
kites controlled by the rigors of the ground,
innocent boys play with us; innocence partakes of the jollity.
it is indeed a memorable summer evening.
The boys enter into a keen competition with the
far-reaching colourful kites;
A covey of birds swiftly swim across the sky,
wind pierces the paper, propels the space
rustle in the wind rules my heart,
a sense of migration of a clan, to a much -- loved spot,
amber after sunset, the fragrances of jasmine and rose thrill
my senses like that of some divine chanting,
my fingers play on the imaginary fiddle,
nearby the foot-ball match is in full swing,
the jubilation is in its upswing,
unseen insects sing silently to denote the dusk,
I hasten homeward to sing the poetry of my heart.

No comments: