Thursday, April 22, 2010

(25) The humble fan

(25) The humble fan
The winged fan cannot fly,
nor can it cumbersome roads ply,
the fan on the roof selflessly rotates,
to disperse the dust and to collect pieces
of the cobweb on its axis,
be it a pan or potter or copper vessel,
it matters a little, very little,
cooling the hot and removing sweat,
bends before the forcible breeze of threat:
The fan admits, " I am undone if the
coil or power fails,
oh! Breeze, you are free to force
and never cease to exercise.”
The BREEZE replies, “ but my moments are restricted.
at times ruthlessly abrogated,
I am dispelled during winter,
but you are much sought after,
windows are forcibly shut, doors are closed,
My presence is mercilessly barred,
I move about under various spells of nomenclature,
Breeze, tornado, hurricane and air
but you have one solid label of FAN
TO FAN WITH FAN FARE YOUR MANY A FAN.”

No comments: