Friday, May 02, 2014

A Take on ''If I have to, then let me be''.

IIf   I have to, then  let me be,

  If   I have to, then let me, as  I am ordained to be,
  Obsessive observer and  recreater,
 let me be the poet, or  the sincere  scribbler  be,
The writer, recorder, the poet
Of  the  Soul, at the dictum of which
So much   to share, speak, pour
like   the  tossing  waves  on the pebbles,
looks  as   if  by the  scheme  of God,
they measure  the length  and breadth of Time,
infusing  in us  the philosophy of His  Dancing.            
let me be the hurrying  husssif  
peeling  the onion  and   potatoes,
humming   the   poetic lines
that  would  go   into my line
 of  personal  computer.
Let me  flap my poetic  wings,
Read   into  the warbling  notes of
Chickadees   and    shorebirds
Echoing  the  rhythms of  shores’
Beat   on the shingles  and   sands,                         
Carry my wandering   poetic  thirst.
Let  me   be   what   I  am.



No comments: