Friday, May 09, 2014

Either Side.

                    Either  side.
The  corroded   zinc    shutters  glided  down
With  the piercing   noise of  thud  and   grind,
I was  stupefied   by the  deafening   sudden.
Slipped  my  bread  and  jam   pack.
I saw  a  kitten  already, as  if  half   akimbo
Inside  the  go down  it  was   spiraling   dark,
The  half  white  and  brown  tenderly,
 mewed, with the paws  slowly, helplessly,
Foraying  on the shutters up and down .
I see  through  the   tiny  hole  riveting   the  corner
 the  beams  of  sun , only consolation  for the
trapped.  This side  my concern utmost,
the   other side, panicky  tension  swaying
the  cute  and  scrapping . The  shop owner   
and  the  passersby, cared  less,  more   for 
their  belongings,  their  attire, their posture.
Either  side, we  waited    for Heaven’s  call
And    Mercy to come down on us.


No comments: