Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Take on '' I bear all water of thy soil ''from Guardian

A  take on    ‘’ I bear all water of thy soil’’ from  Guardian

Good  neighborhood,  good  relatives in friends,
Healthy air, mangoes  and  guavas in
My ancestral home garden.
My centenary  building  is  located
In good soil, good well ,good earth.
I have oft seen my grandfather
Sinking well in  times of drought,
Water springing  glossy, forcible,            
Even water which   I use for
Washing  hands –pure and white.
Not  the   ‘’ little water  of  Macbeth’’
Looks  as if   Mother   Earth  answers
I bear all the waters of thy soil.
At  times my neighbors share
My well   free  and frank,
In these days when we
Buy water ,water in cans.
I owe   my ritualistic  gratitude
To the soil which  says
‘’I bear all   water of thy soil.’’

Good  soil, good neighbourhood.

No comments: