Thursday, August 26, 2010

(107) After a decade of waiting...........

(107) After a decade of waiting------



It was not a merely a lullaby,
tinged with melody and music,
nor a song in rhapsody,
yet, a rejuvenation of bygone age,
steeped in suffering and rage,
The grand car in a prize draw,
The unexpected bumper lottery,
glowing diamond necklace of
ancestral legacy, a title of lineage,
did they take me into pitched exuberance?
Often my anger was into agony,
like puffs of stream in a pressure cooker,
Opposite mirror mocked
at my anguished visage;
my sterile womb became fertile,
Spring had set in my life,
A sapling to be blossomed,
Into a Sunflower,.............
The arrival of a new--born
to augment my lineage and pride,
to bring fresh showers into my arid life,
I sang a lullaby, a lullaby
A lullaby , also to bid good by
to the branded sterile.
Blissfully ignorant , the new-born .
No, the divinely innocent slept,
Unaware of the vile, wicked tongues,
The mother’s hazardous journey,
The pitfalls and pathetic remarks
Poured by the innocuous and impudent,
Jettisoned and sounded jejune to me.
The tender sun-flower like smiled,
Smiled in the sleep, the mother wept,
I sang, a lullaby, to wake up, to pry,
The new world’s unguarded gates,
The baby smiled and smiled,
Confident of its protector,
Careless of it being introduced to
Abysmal of dismal, dingy configuration,
The baby’s smile lulled my lullaby,
The baby’s smile lured my lullaby.















No comments: