Monday, April 19, 2010

( 19) Aridity

(19) Aridity.

It is a bright, blooming full-fledged Friday
for the women folk, for newly-wed and orthodox,
a solemn for the typical INDIAN and sacred,
a chosen ,special day to cleanse the body
and the sanctum sanctorum
to purify bed and bath rooms,
a day for Mediation and Prayer,
a day for oil-bath and offering,
and oily palms greased and dishevelled,
I open the shiny, metallic tap in the bath room,
Soap-nut powder irritate my eyes,
Taps go dry, dry , no water, parched floor,
Metallic tap , vainglorious ,irritates one ,
taps go dry, lumps of red mudflow trough taps,
I give a call of outcry to my daughter
to exhaust water pots from kitchen-storage,
yonder in the streets, dozens of empty pots,
throng roads, roads are blocked, traffic blocked,
I pray God to shower timely showers,
to appease the God of Rains,
I peep through the grilled window,
A prayer to propitiate the God of Rains,
Intuition answers:
As man’s heart is heartened .
So is Nature solidified, dried?
Aridity is justified, doubly justified.

No comments: