Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hitchhiking

I was a young lad of ten,
knew nothing of life’s implications,
during weekend kiting I would do,
much to the chagrin of my mother
who wished , inspired me
to excel in academics,

I wanted my kites go higher and higher,
I would run along , compete those stars,
with a sensation I too would one
day fly up the bright sky,
My thoughts already hitch hiked
to those starry realm of distinct blue.

hailing from a family of cobbler
what could I know of Keplar,
crossing miles and miles to
reach my school , with a cartload
of books and curd rice with lemon
pickle to savour my lunch,

One wintry day, stranded in heavy rains,
A horse wagon came to a halt,
to give me a lift, coachman,
throughout cheered me with
Counsel of abiding message,
“ run tirelessly, as fast as this horse,
until you hitchhike your ambition
to the stars and skies,
live with a purpose,
convert the adverse to
your advantage.

I took a vow that day,
Today I am a pilot steering my way.

No comments: