Friday, April 10, 2009

Dont pity me

Don’t pity me
As I was running fast ,
for a fashion parade,
I chanced upon a snail,
As if it chides me, it looks ,
Don’t pity me, I m safe,
that is the way I am created,
but you be balanced, lest
you should go and hit against
a lamp pole,

my daughter failed in
Hindi exam three times,
when jeered at by friends,
she returns a curt reply,
don’t pity me for my defeat,
for each attempt, is a forte,
a new learning of words,
next time she achieved
a marvellous distinction,
she pitied others’ haste.

the match makers feel
that I should wear
matching blouse , matching
bangles, else, I become a mismatch,
the man in rags on the streets,
pities me and says,
don’t pity me, when my
belly pinches , I don’t care
for my patches,

The old man’s stick
tells me, don’t pity me,
in due course, I shall be yours.

kinds of pities pity
each other, " don’t pity me’’.


No comments: