Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The other foot far.....

The other foot far…..

Is that the praying mantis in your tidy
bedroom , or a cricket that leaps and chirps?
or cockroaches hurriedly moving from
corner to corner wooden shelves to
colonize as a matter of right,
the bedbugs go hiding underneath the pillow,


Another addition to already bugging mass,
yet, do the insects have the intellect of
sixth sense? Ply my evening by the beach,
the crab dead and fetid, tossed up and
down by the surging waves,
dashing against the pebble, a dead prowess!

Romping boys balloon up the air,
inflate and diffuse, innocence plays,
boiled ground nuts in craving baskets,
Young urchins in rags and tattered,
I part with my son’s T-shirt, loose garment,
A treasure, till youth matures into manhood,


Why this human debacle? I query within,
It is karma, destiny, the Avatar replies,
I move on, move on ,mind stretches far…
London’s stentorian Big Ben chimes,
Many stroll and sit on the broad steps of
Trafalgar Square, my creativity augments.

No comments: