Monday, September 29, 2008

On a thief entering into the house.

On a Thief entering into the house.

Beware; somebody is walking up and down,
Over the corridors, in the nights,
escaping the vigil and whistle,
sulking in the garage and the corner,


the siren like warning ringing into
my ears, though at times ears clogged
due to battening rains,frogs croak
Intermittent prolonging the ring,


I give credence to these
repetitive assuming wiseacres,
disbelieving my belief into myself,
stuff all my imitation jewels,

into my safe vault wrapped up
in my publications , bundles,
spend my sleepless night ,
looking up at the vault,

who steals whose, when and how?
Who stole Tolstoy’s Anna’s heart
in Aritha van Herks’
‘ Places far from Ellesmere’?


Near by some dragging sound,
Is he the thief in stealth?
A septuagenarian struck by
the lightning, taken by ambulance,

some body scratching my doors,
panic grips me , slowly switch on
the lights, it is the giant like rat
escapes the rain , barging in.

No comments: