Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My mouth waters at the crispy bite …


My mouth waters at the crispy bite
of the cashew nuts,
In the summer afternoon, the sun’s
rays dazzle in my face, the beams pass
through the balcony farther to
touch the mahogany TV stand,
my grand child agile and angry,
playing Frisbee, now comes out
from underneath the steel cot,
ceaseless effort to trace the hidden toy,
what if for the child, sun or rain,
it is we who bother about the
seasonal shifts and wet clothes
to be dried.



Noon passes to darkening eve,
On the ground a sudden
spell of showers, as if a lesson for
mankind’s temerity, they all flee
home. We are all living in a Globe;
Sun doffs at man’s folly hides
in the orb.

Back again with my poetry thrills,
My mouth waters at the crispy bite
Of the cashew nuts.

No comments: