Friday, July 18, 2008

LOVE IN SOAP WATER

Love in soap water

After a day full of love making,
from hectic morn till midnight,
Love in the kitchen, love with the
sharp edged knife, love with


the rotten brinjal, cutting and cleaning,
love and play with the utensils
in the sink,the aroma of foamed
detergent lingering still,


Dove is melting of love
in the cozy bath tub of
hot and cold mixing,
Dove is melting Dove,

in the bath room the cornered clothes
cry for love for your feather touch,
love in soaking and washing
rinsing and wringing,

Love is work, work is worship,
Love is work, work is worship,
I lay on the mosaic floor,
head on a pillow improvised,


Robert Frost by my side,
His poem ‘nothing gold can stay’
in memory and meaning,
whispering a philosophy of life,

Love, love everywhere around me,
Love plays on my cheeks,
Love covers my chest and hands,
The next day my love printed

loose jacket in a bucket of
water, letters in soap water,
love is everywhere,
love lying in soap water.

No comments: