Monday, April 14, 2008

It's been along time

It’s been along time

It’s been a long time since I
sat upon the Mahogany chair,
exclusive property of my grand father,
as majestic and as royal as any
Monarch who wielded the scepter
Strict and undeviated,
It’s been a long time nearly three
decades since his passing into
eternity, the ancient house of pillars
forcibly closed for there was none
to maintain the country type,
the heavy bunch of keys which
I got by ship from my uncle,
It’s been along time since the
undusted piece of wood breaks
into a peal of laughter, with
every wipe, every shining,
my memory recollects the same chair,
by the side of which my faithful
grandmother used to sit and peal
the drumstick leaves for lunch,
it’s been since a long time that
I tasted her culinary expertise,
for she left this soil within a
month of her master,
it’s been a long time since
generosity is gone, tradition is gone.

No comments: