Saturday, February 19, 2011

To my daughter unreal..



                    To  my  daughter  unreal
A  noon  siesta, delectable,
Summer   showers, the  fixed  swing
In the   big  marble  hall  always  sings,
Swings,    a    lullaby , a  coda 
to  your  musical   soft
 notations   within   yourself.  

She  whizzes  past  around  me
 like  a   butterfly, in  full  throb,
propels  me  to play blind man’s buff,
a  ribbon  band to  cover my eyes,
a  childlike  command  to  imagine
myself    a   band of  Not    seedy


observers   and   participants.
A  bang  at the door, a   knock
gyrating within  myself to see
my  play mate,  my butterfly,
I wake up to  see  a  doll
nodding  its face, to  and fro:

I wake up  to  see this
Void  around me,
 Charlatan  and   some
  still in torpor.
The  doll  in  silk 
Is  active  yet.                                                                                                         




No comments: