Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hunger


Hunger

It is the hunger for literary pursuit and knowledge of
Scripts that make me write for hours together,
unmindful of culinary smell from my kitchen
Pervading my reading room,

It was the same hunger which made me addicted
to my writing desk, when one evening got a phone
call that my close kin was involved in an accident,
that rushed me to the spot.

Real hunger was substituted by instant anger,
Anger for the rash tipsy drivers,
But can you argue with those hardcore
Hungry villains who buy law into their hands,

Now on the way back home, I was really hungry,
for I skipped lunch and dinner,
I was equally angry to see a van overtaking
auto, really hungry for lucre,

my searching eyes chanced upon the
nocturnal birds hungry for flesh,
roaming and preying upon the flesh,
Powdered and perfumed to be fumed.

No comments: