Saturday, February 05, 2022

Broken things

 

 

Poem of the week: #family by Romalyn Ante

 

Broken things

Some  precious time I allocated

reading on broken things,

broken toys, broken window panes,

distorted for all purposes.

Why exception for bones, collar bones,

Fractured bones and bones beyond redressal.

 

Mother always comes to rescue;

When her anointed hands

touch my ribs and back bone,

no longer pain, a moment of pain

converted into boon. Waking up

gently after  hours of medication,

now  in a mood of meditation.

 

Broken things can be mended

But broken hearts beyond our ken

 Redressal. I go in search of something

 Which will stay, abide by my instinct,

My future safety and feel. Look into breakage,

Loss and gain, that is where my solace

Begins, sustains and strengthens me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: