Saturday, April 24, 2021

My word for your world of words

 


 After  guardian’s 

To Vladimir Nabokov … by Anthony Burgess

Radhamani sarma

 My word for your world of words


My mind goes back to those salty years

when you  coiled yourself in your web

 not attributing to any reason, not

clamoring for any ransom, you were

still your own, majestic  and  calm 

in your home, own home, of simplicity

and serenity. How often, like opposites

in  chess boards, we were in wordy deals,

digging in word play, semantics 

and translations, praising the Creator

for His Creation, language  and literature;

I came to your rescue, pacifying, Literature

and letters are our only forte, our realm

our free kite soaring above our moods, 

propelled by strings of our will  and wish;

I can only dedicate a poem for you

For your word game, right now 



No comments: