Friday, October 25, 2019

Soul of Gerontius after (Guardian)


Soul of Gerontius  after (Guardian)

After  some   tedium, questioning
my body I went to sleep, just to wake up
 a soothing lulled  to cheer me.
A sudden relief, as if wind swept past me
triggers; a  feel of segregation, time
or that sanguine hour has come,
something departed for ever. Blessed Soul
lingers in me like a message of Messiah!
Sacred still and freeing of a heaviness
flowing in me like a river perennial
aiding agricultural tillage.

This body is proud of its lineage,
All the fibers and tendons are
moving without a  sense of motion
what do you call still standstill;
soul outside its purview; is it science
or philosophy, or combination of turgid
philosophy beyond the reach of man;
I  feel that I am out of this universe,
Infinite is infinitesimal when it touches
the point of pinnacle or endpoint;

some angelic spirit, holds  by way
of some consolation, a gentle sway
a music of melody -a  sort
of heart-subduing melody.

No comments: