Friday, October 18, 2019

(After -- Sonnets from Idea's Mirror by Michael Drayton)


(After --  Sonnets from Idea's Mirror by Michael Drayton)

I sit to write my verse or sonnet or free haiku,
It flows as the seeds as with sweeping toll;
let not my critic censure  me with stern comments
as  that of my taskmaster or GOD the supreme ruler;
or tap my flow with grace and savored taste;
my papers stay   as usual with a nonchalant look,

yet, I am not susceptible to any criticism
or swayed by any praise, my spirit stays
as Swan like in any  pond or stream;
keep printing or arranging the printed
in shelves of fragrance lest moths should
corrode, waiting  for good days or Dawn;
some earnest publisher will knock at my door
luring me with prospects of  good catch.

My love, bosom love reigning always                  
in heart, not craving for costly attire
yet to be dressed in elegant and tidy.
All thoughts, creative ideas proceed
Swelled not with pride, but with attire
 of  humbled wisdom passed on from
generations of tutored culture.    


My Muse waits there for more
To be tuned in writing.





No comments: