Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Lizard brazen on the Painted Wall

Lizard  brazen  on the painted  wall.

I view  just  above  my  head;
Click  on  an escapade,  its  prey.
Lizard   sticky on the wall
A tiny insect    transported
Inside its  soft  belly.
Still  staring    at  the  corner
Of   the  void. Filling  should 
Be less, it  internalizes,
Its protruding  round  balls
like  eyes, fixed   and  scary.

Now    on the   flat mosaic,
Locust   amidst paper  torn
and  rolled   to the corner,
rolling   and  rolling  still
rolling  and craving   for  a shape.
Dead  or  alive,  I don’t know.
Yesterday it   was clipping
 The  green, verdant    leaves,
Today, whipped by a whiff of wind
With   thorny   brambles
Perhaps  undoing  the clipper.

I look  up  again,
Voice  augurs,
as if  Lizard  beckons,
My stay on the wall,
As Gods  stay  with  you.




No comments: