Friday, December 18, 2015

Take on “ Silkworms Work and Love Till Death” by Peter Porter

                                             


                                                        Ere  I   learnt   computing,

                                                       The  art  of  which I got  by practice,

                                                       Self  -taught and   inclined.

                                                      I scribbled my notes  in papers,

                                                      Some , out of profusely diffused

                                                      sentiments,  more were to  record

                                                     My gratitude to  my Venerable Muse.



                                                       For  some  quite pretty  time, recent,

                                                        My  deft   strokes on  key board

                                                      Continue ,write, write on, ceaseless,

                                                       For  writing is  my   creatively immersed

                                                      passion,  my  forte   and  gamut of

                                                      extended   strength  dovetailed

                                                      by Divine  Aura. 


                                                      I keep writing, some  are  bemused.

                                                      A few   amused, more to  criticize,

                                                      There  are  still  to parody  and 

                                                      Partake  of  some  silly pleasures.

                                                      Beyond  my  window, sky  pours,

                                                     Stars   descend  thwarting  inward

                                                     Gloom, ensconce  me   for  the rest


                                                    Of  my  life, my  Being, existence.

                                                    I must  write, write, till my last.











No comments: