Wednesday, September 04, 2013

The Opening Up Of Copper Urn

The  Opening  Up  Of   Copper  Urn

Could  be  deforestation  is going  on:
The  flat promoters  in   frenzied   mood,
Occupied  the land, rituals     are  over.
Digging, digging, they went on  digging,
Small  rudimentary  stones, mud pieces,
Clay  roll  over  and  over, the sweat 
Of  the  labourers  also   touches the 
Weeping  ,disturbed  soil, to be
dethroned  to  a  corner . The  sharp
Crow bar   hit  my  rust laden sides,
I am  bemused, pained,
 The  eager , the  future ,proud occupants
Of  the storied  mansion ,
do  not  know the  underground 
Secrets, the  toils,  the  rigmarole :
It  was  some  decades  ago,
The owner ,  lay  me  in,
Hard  breath, or   struggling  for  breath,
Rust   envied me, covering  the
Copper   colour, inches  of  thick
Rust   and  coating ,belittling 
My  dignity, Coins   are safe 
In  my  womb, tomorrow                                                                                                                        
they  are going  to  hand me over
to  Government,  
do not  know  how  my
New abode would be.  






No comments: