Monday, February 02, 2009

what groomed me

What groomed me?
It is not the first feed of breast milk
that you did nipple with tender care into
my mouth, when the umbilical cord was cut
you put me in my baby seat,

it is not the hurried washing of the
utensils with minimal water, in scarce days,
after which you hurried me into my school
to seek admission right from my pre KG,

It is not adjustment to get progress
Card signed by you to protect me from
the occasional wrath of dad, not even
the homework you did to save me

me , from being caned by mechanical teachers,
it is not the unredeemed jewellery
you pledged to pay my colleges fees
it is not the concern, you ran after me with

the hall ticket for the exam, it is not the
wait during my return from my excursion
to local zoo, it is not the insults you bore
from counter to counter,

it is the fulcrum of support,
Congenital affection through fallopian tube,
the concern for my well being,
the Prayer, selfless sacrifice, groomed
me .

No comments: