Saturday, October 17, 2020

A after "the Bread of Childhood by Ihor Pavlyu" Guardian

 A after  "the Bread of Childhood by Ihor Pavlyu"  Guardian   


Gone are those days of    porridge  and cake

delicacy and taste by the blessed hands of grandma

a culinary taste  and gift which we the inmates 

can never forget even today.


Even today, my embroidered memories  swaying

under the agelong  tamarind tree  and urchins picking

playing - a game  and past time our village records;

my mood sings along  brook  cool passing ;


TIME does not fly without imprint of those days,

a feel or loss of precious something is cranky 

in my blood, my mind and mood, but that crankiness

is consolidated into solid deepening cry. 


Peacock feather in between my books,

  parrots chirping  a rarity of sight and  voice

 I see  in my  eyes, my past days, my present

immediacy veering around.


something is wanting, something is wanting

 not a waste, but a must to rebuild our past.


No comments: