Saturday, August 01, 2020

If I were to meet ( after Guardian)



If I were   to meet ( after  Guardian)

If I were to meet the ghost
of my childhood days,
If I were to meet the days
of  crucial  formative shape 
significantly carved in memory
I would recall the small humble
dwelling of shaky roofs  and
watery leaks through pores
of walled falling intermittent
when food in dented vessels
and rationed water our forte;
afternoon resting under shady
nooks   and palm trees    clustered
with hanging branches of breeze;
by the mango fruits tasty but
forbidden by the guards ever vigilant.

How much of dangers and fire accidents
How running fast to miss the train
Leaving behind her  and how those
Starry skys   were amazing and even
Now the same; I grew  up into a world
Of business  and money only wherein
Everything is commercialized, slowly
Making  her aware of limitations,
Now her loneliness,  takes her into aloneness
Viewing the world from afar.

No comments: