Saturday, May 05, 2018

My improvised pillow


My improvised pillow   

In  times of my gathered leisure ,
for   a  liking  for improvisation
a  puffed up pillow or duvet or small bed,
For clothes cotton  and   silk  and
Old   ragged  and  worn out,
Some  meant for  cold winter  and
Some can be pulled out for scorching
Summer, I sit, draw meticulous     plan
For  making a   pillow;  call it  at your
Will   a   waste of time or   mad pursuit
Of greed  or  miserly deed.

Those  lean  days of  agony  and 
Penury  I don’t forget , forget  not  the
Past is  my forte  and  motto ingrained
In my blood. This  bed   or pillow,
Duvet  or linen bed for children
Or  for  your swollen feet   a
Comforting  raised  care – whatever
You term it, is  my  useful hour of
Splendid  improvisation of  my clothes.

No comments: