Saturday, May 12, 2018

A take after "old poem" by Guardian



  A take after “old poem” by Guardian


  After  my failure in tenth class
  The father side people tutored in
  multiplication of money  and gold,
  Weathered in   usury and   locking.
   Believed in unbelieving   everything,
  the craze for  money, drove me;
   tortured me to a   mad extreme;
  I left not for army, but not knowing
Where my feet dragged, going in their
Way. A puppet in  their  hands,  father  became
A virile monster. Landed  in fishermen        
Community, I grew up amidst nets and fins;
             After  six  decades , keen desire for
Roots of family drove back, pained to know,
Same fate had befallen my younger brother;
Somebody living not far off, pointed to the
House sold, exchanged many hands for ruthless
Villainy of  greedy inmates, ditched my father:
He pointed to the banyan tree,”look there!
I saw him last two months back in rags with
Unshaven  beards , almost sleeping on
Roadside. Money  takes many  online pathways.
Curry and masala fish   and fried fish smell
Lingering in my nostrils, I decide to go back.




 



No comments: