Saturday, March 04, 2017

Take on 'Bury Me in a Free Land'( Guardian)

Take  on ‘Bury Me In A Free Land” ( Guardian)

Show  me   a  place  or corner
Under  this gubernatorial  Sun
Where   unalloyed  Freedom 
Of  care   and   concern
Encompass   humanity
Struggling   for survival.

Make  me  a  grave  though,
 This   topic   is not of  primary
Concern  now ; Whether Native or
alien,  local  or   foreign,  dignity
and  respect  prevail, be  the
predominating   spirits  there.

Surrounding   humanity  ever
and anon tend to care. Make me
a  grave  in a  land  where tender
newborn  and  children  are safe;
Not   kidnapped  for money  and
Mean  gain   or  ulterior  motive.

A   land  where   hunger  squalid 
and uncouth, bins  of  garbage
line up,  land of corruption
money laundering  I abhor.
A land of God’s plenty and  nourish.
I worship  and loyal  to  such a  soil.


  All said  and done,  design  me 
A grave in tune  with  His Design,
Where my MENTOR touches 
and  performs  my last Rites
carving  me for  Next Birth.  




  

No comments: