Friday, March 03, 2017

I am not a withering leaf anymore

 I  am  a  withering  leaf

 Me thought
I   am a   withering   leaf ,
floating  on the oily water,
chlorophyll  already   deserting:
lines   criss cross sustain  me
to  the  stemmed plant .

 Lengthy   stalk  and  stem,
 cute   buds, fragranced   blossoms ,
 pecks   and  pots and pails  of water
flow  to the rim of  the  brim
of  leafage. Still I am inconsolable;

early  birds   call, close by
chirp  and  sing, as  if  knit
Ode   to  God  and  Nature,
sit   and  serenade-  a see-saw.
I  lose my  shade.

Near  to  yellow, yearn  for 
The  preservation  of  Green:
Every bud, every  offspring
A delectable  bonanza, amidst
The  tiny   gregarious  leaflets.

Sudden drop of  Mercy from
Above,  a huggie   from  a
  good Samaritan:  to   undo
the withering :  No, no, I am
not  a withering    leaf anymore.




  


No comments: