Monday, January 20, 2014

A Take or remake on Milton's On His Blindness.

A Take or remake on Milton’s On His Blindness.
( But not in the form of a sonnet.

When   I consider how my life is spent
In  full ignorance / connivance,          
In this dark world and wide  of
 Negation  and  sins  and  agnostic faith,
 And that one talent ( of creativity)
Lodged with me useless, slow
Though  my Soul  more inclined
To  serve my   Mentor,/ Maker,
I  fondly, unthinkingly  ask.
Does  God  deprive me of
His Gifts, if I don’t  acknowledge
His   Bounteous Grace. But  to
Prevent  this  hasty question,
Inward alertness, agility,
Replies,  ‘’ God   will not bemuse you,
nor forsake you.  There are innumerable
Struggling like you voiceless   and patient.
They  also serve who only chant, stand, wait.’’






                                                                   

No comments: