Friday, December 08, 2006

Who was my best friend?

Who was my best friend?

When hunger ate me alive,
When like the mischievous group
Of orangutans jumping from
One tree to another,
My belly was pinching poked
By the insides, when food was
Available in scarce, when shops
Were closed due to blackout,
When I could not enjoy the merry go
Round in the park and the prattles of
The children for my utterance each
Minute was construed a prank
by many wiseacres,
when my frantic phone call
to a life long friend was
turned down with a cold nod,
his being away at once for an
urgent purpose,
when currency urges to turn a concubine
to the much coveted wife’s position,
when kith and kin looked askance
when I retired voluntary, in the
matrimonial markets money alone plays
a roll more effective than the
roll call of many factors,
when buttermilk suffice both my
hunger and anger, I kiss the jar
when the shady tree was felled down,
Unauthorized and untimely,
the axe of the cruel hand was to be
cut off in a scuffle,
Kidneys are purchased and
Bargained and sold it was a
Rude shock for the unexpected,
The negative factor and the
Realization of the reality
To open my eyes in the future
Is my best and lasting friend.

No comments: