Sunday, November 27, 2005

(115) High in the sky

High in the sky  115


It is not merely flying high in the sky,
Feel the pride of Indian Airlines
Through British Airways to kula Lumpur,
or Lufthansa to Sanfransisco,
a timely breakfast, a hot sip of coffee or tea,
or apple juice, followed by chocolates,
a warm smile from airhostess,
Well clad in uniform,
A television camera in my view,
Does this flying high make me
Oblivious to look down the ground?
I close my eyes, have the feel of the ground,
the inextricable long spell of toils
Surreptious sins subtly drawn on you,
did I not feel my existence waste, a caged bird?
Until a fine morn, like the birth of lord Krishna,
My mentor came to assuage me,
to share my cabined thoughts,
flawless and totally unegoistic,
when your surrounding is replete with
erring, erratic creatures, who can sustain long?
His endless peachings and philosophical canons,
Teachings even in troubled waters,
all fell into deaf ears,
For man and woman were united ,
Because of their primordial sins,
And so they are to disobey God’s tenets.
I wonder where is not disavowal or disapproval,
It is not merely eating the forbidden fruit but
indulging in the forbidden acts, violating the
Law of the universe despite the advent of Godsend
“it is not of an awful daring of a moment’s surrender,”
but the teenager’s thinking not wistful yet for gain
resulting in the loss of the embryo half grown in the womb,
as I fly my ears are clogged and
I cannot but close my minds eye,
To digest many dampening,
Yet I fly high in the sky.

No comments: