Tuesday, November 14, 2023

 

' you grow beyond perception

 

Radhamani sarma

I watch and walk by steady wattle

Coining like a rope, a sight of fresh glow,

unforgettable evergreen to my eyes.

 

Lesser trees shy away, in the   sun beam,

my eyes, like any other  keen watcher,

Green and ever green stuck to the golden spot;

 

Close by sits one painter agile,

with brush and colors, his rights

and birthright for years;

 

 a regular visitor to these blessed spots,

his strokes up and down, unforsaking brush

feast for  many a  passer-by.

 

I simply adore you Prickly Moses,

Feeling guilty for all those days

When I ignored you;

 

Instead I  marveled and even adored

At oak, elm  and other trees of my choice,

Now the time has come ;

 

You were found to be most common,

Why even now very common,

Cut down by cruel hands ;

 

Prickly Moses has become so common,

“ you grow regardless”. you are exalted

Achieve  illumined enlightenment,

 

 

“I guess we’re still shy of the Promised Land.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: