Saturday, April 09, 2022

Let us sleep fraying for eternity. Radhamani sarma

 


Poem of the week: Strange Meeting by Wilfred Owen


Let us sleep fraying for eternity.


All through guns and granites,

I escaped after much battle and blood,

Mad frenzy of lying as were sleeping,

Enemies, dead soldiers, pitiless, and pitiable;


Calm and cool as were fast asleep,

I sensed hell was there, amidst hell

I am breathing to view many 

horrendous and stupid in a way;


with a tap I reached close

to him with half dead and alive,

a passive conversation 

to resuscitate him, at least a belief;


there was a time, each ran after beauty

 wild and vigor, now comes seeming rest

and peace, yet each clothed in its own coil

the pity of war in eyes wandering everywhere.



 You and I warring, still warring,

Dead in a way, dying into another coil,

In  a cold world, in a cool balm

Let us sleep praying for eternity.











No comments: