Saturday, June 20, 2020

My pity is fake … by Miriam Neiger-Fleischman


My pity is fake … by Miriam Neiger-Fleischman

whom to pity and how ( after guardian)

 what is self pity? Whom to pity  and why?
 Question always arises looking at all
falling peanuts , strewn feathers and  
happenings around deaths and merciless
Killings, bombshells and  profuse bleeding;
 Me in the cell, suppressing all pangs
of torture  and still seeing many a victim
 In the gas chambers and handcuffed
  Awaiting judgement or final call from
  Heaven; counting dead in war field,
 identifying the innocent, selfless  torn
 amid by blood thirsty cauldrons,
 dead falling like pittance, I know not
whom to pity, kith and kin and still
fighting cells ;cant I abolish war,
cant I negate calumny: my instinct replies
it is not one man’s show, gathering
and conspiracy need be quelled;
who cares for the dead? I pity  myself
 same thing in store for me.







No comments: