Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Smart kitchen, Smart God.


  Smart  kitchen,  Smart  God.

My  well equipped  kitchen
With  a  shiny  tiled floor
Reflects   the  vessels  my  
Granny  passed on  to me,
 Ceded  out of  love  and affection,
My  wedding  gifts,  ancestral  galore!
 A picture  of modern kitchen
 Hangs on the  painted wall
Mocks  at those  upside down
 Giggling  vessels;                             
 Microwave ,  Tupperware  
Melamine  and    hot packs  almost   ready
to  usurp   their coveted   seats;
Inadvertently   thrown   matchstick
Still  dangling  with  a flicker of  Life,
Mates  with  a  dry    Jet clean   scouring  pad,
‘Ready  Set  Go’
The  magic flow  of water
On the black  granite
My  Home  God  improvises
To  quench  the  ire,
Smart  kitchen, smart  God.

No comments: