Friday, December 17, 2010

Poverty in my potpourri..

Poverty   in  my     potpourri....

My  choicest   platinum   bracelet
Riveting   on my   wrist   wrestles
With my  bony  skin,  my  protruding
Pummelling  Desire   dons   a   diamond
Ring  on   my   pointed finger, slowly   all
My   fingers  are   adorned,   Desire  and  designs
Don  other   slender , but  not    slick  fingers,
 My   ostentatious  ,heavily     showy
  ten  sovereign   Gold  Chain,  is  not
bothered  to  hide  behind the  multi layers
of   my   thick   Gold   rimmed   silk  sari,
the  bundles  of  popping out/peeping currencies
from   my  iron  safe , refuse  to  be food
for my dining   table,  variety  dish ,
My  gold  rimmed  eye    glasses  
Question  the  Poor staggering,
Maul   them  an eyesore.
The  scholar   scrambles   the  dictionary
For the  word  POVERTY.



No comments: