Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A moment in a solitary corner

             A  moment in a solitary corner 

      I recall   my grandmother’s  cow
MM---AAA-----AAAA----S, in her own  garden
Labour  for her,  also the consequential  labour
For my grand ma, tending, caring, cleaning,
Innocent  calf  falls  to the ground,
Tether  and crowbar witness  gleefully.
For   many  a  human, helpless,   I foresee,
Why  this  Birth? Why this  birthing?
Why   take  a  Bath or holy  dip?
As  for  those  deliberate   inhuman,
Callously  dipping in  vials of sin,
Is  it  absolving  karma   or  abrogating
Dharma , insignificant moments of 
Foraying  into the otherness of existence.
A  church  bell  peals out ,disturbing   silence,
It  is  also  part  of  Karma,
Karma   admonishes   
You  cannot   banish me, bear  with me.

No comments: