Friday, October 08, 2010

My Home

                My Home


Home , a glittering coin of two sides,

elusive, the coin rolls and
triggers , your hidden verve, mine too,
whose possession is it going to be,
methinks ,home too is
a block of concrete, cement slabs:

Mending wall, appeasement for hungry
Stomachs and hankering souls,
Home is a also a dividing wall,
where leeches breed, renting
Relationships , partnerships, counting
In terms of loss and profit ever,

I cocoon myself in a corner,
taps on my laptop,
Singing to the rhythms of
Creativity, occasional
munching of cashew nuts,
My vista, my tabula rasa.

2 comments:

Incy said...

I haven't been to your site for a while and I haven't looked at what else you have written recently, this is the first poem I have seen. It really rings true. I love the way you have used some of the words, like 'renting relationships' for example. The ending is the best bit. On your laptop when you are writing your poems, you are home. I can really connect with that. Wonderful.

Radhamani Sarma said...


Dear Incy,
Thank you so much
for your kind words of appreciation.
IT is these encouraging words
that sustain writers and bind the
writing clan.