Thursday, July 15, 2010

91) If I am pained by the colour of the black...

If I am pained by the colour of the black....(91)
If I am perplexed and pained by the colour of the black,
by the devilish ravenous, black, thoughts thrown on me,
deliberate attempt on my white apparel and plain demeanour,
I pondered whom to reprimand and take refuge in,
the deluge is devastating and yonder the black bird caws,
driven away by the gathering clouds , disperse to nest,
wound cuts and wronged sentiments throw further scum,
the colour of the black is not ever black for the thatched roof
and the milking black cow and the black maid to keep the
room clean, do they care for their colour or abhor their creator?
does the red blood refuse my black skin?
white-tiled kitchen ,does it vie with the polished black granite?
does the farmer refuse the black sickle ?
does the sickle refuse the green and grass and vegetation?
if the black huge elephant with white tusks
resist the colour of black where can it weep?
Yet a moment of with drawl for my white heart
captured by the aromatic jasmine!



No comments: