Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Walking in the rain---

Walking in the rain…..
As I was walking in the rain,
holding the umbrella with one hand,
umbrella tilting and twitching,
When the other hand a bunch of books,
my treasure, my livelihood and my
bread bereft of which my existence
would have become a meager
no better treatment than an ant,
I feel the sprinkles of rain water
on my face as if to rejuvenate my
spirits lost and forlorn, taking me
to the days of English summer,
a lily by the pond, nods as if to
preach the nuances of life,
like the belching cow should you
look back in anger the harsh realities
around you, just as you trample
upon the decayed leaves and peel
of oranges and tomatoes thrown,
tightening the grip of books,
lest they should become one with them,
I climb up, up the staircase,
back to my study, back to my reading room.

No comments: