Saturday, June 17, 2006

I have hugged her –


I have hugged her slender, soft body in vain,
pouring hundreds of kisses of warmth,
promising all wealth and a life of luxury,
frequent flights and delicious food at
expensive restaurants, cuisines and comforts,
no perfumes nor make-ups nor any
artificial application of skin care,
kisses of regret and remorse on her
fragile body, regret for the loss of
Spring, sprightly days, tender, fragile
no responses, no movements,
no understanding, no romantic sentiments,
I have hugged her in vain, for her life
was made null and void,
vowed to whet my wounded pride in the
hug of a concubine, belief and faith falsified,
I have hugged her in vain, for what I hugged
and kissed was only a picture,
hung on the wall, my lady of the house,
no more.

No comments: