Tuesday, January 23, 2024

A rumination, now JANUARY 2024 POEM BY Radhamani sarma

 

A rumination

 

A nonagenarian, me,

Sitting in my village hut now,

recalls the  small home;

not merely four walls,

but heavenly full of love

and every moment, of mutual

share and smile .

occasional bickering

ended in mutual compromise.

upbringing was such

my grandmother starting

her day with epic and puranic tales.

Ingrained the necessity of  give and take;

Generations of children reared,

treaded the path of dharmic codes.

Whom does the age spare;

With the passage of time,

dwindled the strength

and home became a  space empty;

I am the loner, sitting

and counting my days;

home is missing, lost

only in next birth,

hope to see again the past home,

quite optimistic  and optimism

only my tonic now.

 

 

 

 

No comments: