Monday, July 12, 2010

Exorcist (90)

Exorcist ( 90)
The huge eucalyptus tree with drooping branches,
conical leaves, swings and swings with sweeping thud,
just as an elephant with a lengthy trunk
parades in the centre of the market with
its nose or mouth whatever you may call it,
rolling or unrolling blessing the visitors
and the young undaunted children;
I know not who has planted the sharp edged
tree befriended by the tree with orange flowers
ornate on the wall, a bifurcation between my house
and the famous health -centre.
The cool breeze whiz past the surroundings
as if to blow the conch of freedom,
serving a therapy for the sickly , shattered,
comes as a splash, a Messiah, to my
wounded heart and soul:
The wood pecker enjoys the monopoly
of the branch of orange and red flowers
Perchance weaving a tale of expectation
and hope swinging and swinging.
I sit marooned in front of my balcony,
oval-shaped, to the edge of which the
wind blows, my hands ready to reach
drooping leaves, exorcising me.

No comments: