Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Gift For All Times.

A Gift for all times
What You blessed and gave me was not
a parrot green colored sari, glittering,
not a designer silk, nor costly Banaras
to add one more to my overflowing
wardrobe, fresh in warp and weft,

It wasn’t either turquoise ring,
nor oystered pearls beaded in strings,
shimmering diamond studs figure not,
nor the gold coins in big bowls jingling,
not even burnished gold chains brimming,


it stems free ,bounteous and benign,
sanguine and salutary as Heaven’s
ever widening door as of a Banyan tree,
the visible roots hang before me,
It is the much needed, extended Hands

of Protection and assurance,
of rocky stand, for me to fall back upon,
Darkness recedes, diabolic Devil shrinks
thanks to your holistic vision,
sudden pale of gloom and fear,

engulf me, me decked in platinum
and diamond, demurred and reviled,
demoralizing bereft of free conscience,
solatitum denied, would I dare the world?
Supremacy’s ever seeing eyes on me,

The bounteous and all time gift,
His assured contact, a boon.

No comments: