Saturday, September 12, 2015

     In my own  house.

In my own  house, everywhere,
Every cupboard  overflows
With   books  of  ancient galore,
and  modernity ,both  for
Teaching   and  Research
And  Knowledge  to  update
With  the current  affairs.
Only  enough Time is  not
For  me. Why  Time  should
Care  for  my  avocations?
Occupations. It  flies  on its
Scheduled  Wings  and
Predestined  Chart.
 I sit   and  ruminate,
 In my yesteryear, in  my
Palatial  house of  grandparents
Books  were  there. Upanishads
Vedas   and Puranas  rich
In  grandsire’s   room  and
How  he  divided  his time
Between  cows   and milking
and greens   and  drawing  water
filling  tubs.  My grandmother
a  devout, patient  woman,
silent  sufferer. I read  her
example, a  notable   Book
for  me. This  book  lives 
with  me, going  before me.
  





No comments: