Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother gets a message from abroad.


Mom, when I think of this head ache,
me in my cot within four walls,
this shiver runs through my veins
like an electric shock,
I experience a windy day, ice cold,
chill wind intrude unquestionable,

how often you would knock at my door
barred by my obstinacy, to give a hot
cup of coffee, arrange my assignments,
papers in order, remove those china cups
with left over tea with sediments,

these unwashed clothes in the corner
longing for a washing machine,
remind me those days of your
quick decision of their removal
and cleaning with murmured affection,

these empty plates in my shared kitchen
downstairs mock at my laziness,
for how often I had hurriedly left
food stuff on the plates still held
by your caring hands,

oh! Mom, I miss you for many many
things, the very thought you is
energizing, now I get up and go
close my window for the frost is poking,
Oh! Mom, it is a costly miss.

No comments: