Monday, December 19, 2005

Mom! You are a pleasant bug

My dear mom! you bug me with your care,
at lunch with feeding spoons and filtered water
and at bed with soothing advice
from grandfather stories and grandmother days,
and at bath with towels and trousers
the choice is yours and not mine!
A strict no to Television and a commanding yes
to my study with books of History and Geography
viable on my table shabby.
an examining look from the kitchen
amidst puffs of smokes and steams
boiling potatoes and crushed green chilies and spices,
a compelled nursery rhyme by rote,
a sure gateway to ice-cream and plum cake,
before exams some cautious and careful tips
and strict instructions of dos and don’ts.
when I grow up I owe my success to you
and happily cherish the pleasure after the bug.

No comments: